Doodle 3 by Bitcraft

On openprocessing.org (studio 2) there was a application that I liked, it was doodle 3 by bitcraft and its where you "move your mouse to make lines grow", you can also change the colour mode using 'c' to switch onto colour mode (crayons).

The code looked very complex so inevitably there wasn't much I could understand. The few things I could understand was that:

 "dodge = true;" causes the lines to "grow" when you move the mouse over the screen but if you change it to "dodge = false;" then all the lines will start "growing" regardless of where your mouse is so that the whole picture is moving by itself.

"float speed = 0.06;" was originally some other number (can't remember what) but the lower the number I put in, the shorter and the slower the lines move. If the number is too small like 0.0009 and you change the dogde back to true, then when you move your mouse onto the screen of the image and leave it there [it takes awhile] but it looks like stars are appearing (if your in colour mode).

HSB is the colour mode used, but if you change it to RGB it doesn't look very flattering. When I changed it to RGB the colour was very distorted looking and limited (or maybe that was after I messed about with a few more bits of the code).

There was also some part of the code where if you've messed enough with it, you can cause the lines to become rougher and not as curvy as it once was. I'm not sure which part it was but this is what it looks like [after I changed a few numbers here and there]

[took screen shots] colour mode:



black and white mode:



Questions/queries:

I want to know what "boolean crayons, soft" means. Especially the crayon part, I googled it and couldn't find what it meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment